Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has come and gone. Most of the family came. I missed Jonah, Karen, and Lydia and family but it was a full house so maybe better to have fewer. Jake came the next day. One thing that happened was that people came and hung out the day after. I have been trying recently but wanting to for years, to get people to make time to just hang out and get to know each other rather than leaving as soon as things wind down. Things are happening with family that I feel really good about.

It was good for me to have so much distraction. Less time to figure out how to pass the time. I enjoyed having family here. I am super depressed though.

Sharon has been working hard at keeping me from getting to far into the dumps. She is really keeping me going. Not that I didn't appreciate the sister that I had before because I did, a lot, and verbalized it a lot but she is really shining. She knows what I need and pushes me in just the right ways. I cant imagine how hard it is for her. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks.

I was reading a blog of another young woman with cancer. I thought, Oh, I will write to her. Then I noticed that her last post was in January this year. I assume that she is dead. I felt overwhelmed with sadness that I couldn't contact her. Maybe she got healthy and stopped writing but I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment